While there are no precise figures on the current size of the Irish cosmetic surgery market, UK statistics support the theory that the industry is defying the current economic situation and growing steadily.
In Ireland cosmetic surgery remains an unregulated industry, there being currently no regulations or licensing requirements whatsoever. While the majority of clinics operating in Ireland are reputable, this lack of regulation means that practitioners with inadequate credentials and training have been carrying out invasive surgical procedures.
A good cosmetic surgeon will:
- Be suitably qualified as a cosmetic surgeon
- Inform you of the benefits of cosmetic enhancements
- Discuss the risks with you in detail
- Outline the alternatives available to you
- Give you a cooling off period whilst you think about the best course of action for you
- Perform the procedure in question with proper skill and due care.
If you have suffered injury due to a substandard cosmetic procedure or if you were not advised of relevant risks prior to your procedure Dillon Geraghty Solicitors LLP can assist you in recovering losses sustained by you and compensation.
Request a call back! Complete our online form for an obligation-free consultation about your matter.
* In contentious business a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any settlement.