Buying a Property
Whether you are a first home buyer or want to expand your portfolio, Dillon Geraghty Solicitors LLP will support you to make the process of buying a property convenient, efficient and stress-free.
From preparing the legal documents to handing over the keys to your new front door – our goal is to provide you with a seamless property transaction service that gives you peace-of-mind.
Our experienced team can:
- assist first home buyers with specific legal advice
- keep you informed of any key due dates and time limits, and provide you with reminders in the lead up to the contract
- complete title searches, settlement searches, judgement insolvency searches and provide you with copies of all of these searches
- update you regularly on settlement progress
- help you prepare for settlement when the contract is unconditional, preparing transfer documents and settlement figures, and supplying copies of documents to your financial services provider if necessary
- complete any settlement documentation and notify agents or the seller’s solicitor, authorising them to release the property keys to you
Complete the online form now or phone our office to arrange an obligation-free consultation about your property transaction.
HOW WE WORK
At Dillon Geraghty Solicitors LLP, we value transparency, honestly and clear communication. This is how we work to provide you with a seamless and responsive approach to your property transaction.
- The property agent will send us advice about your property purchase. This provides us with the information and the property sale including the property details, the seller and their solicitor and the property sale price.
- The seller’s solicitor will send us the property contract. We will examine the contract and then send you a copy.
- We schedule a meeting with you to discuss your property purchase. We will review the contract with you to make sure you understand the terms and answer any queries you have.
- We liaise with the seller’s solicitors. At this stage we will work with the seller’s solicitor to make sure the paperwork is in order and all the requirements of the sale are met.
- Signing of legal paperwork. We will meet with you to sign the property contract and, if relevant, any loan documentation from your financial provider. Once you have signed the property contract it will be sent to the seller’s solicitor for the seller to sign as well.
- Transfer of ownership. We will take care of any final components of the sale such as arranging your financial services provider to transfer funds to the seller’s solicitor and actioning the documents that transfer ownership of the property to you. Then, all that is left is for you to collect the keys to your new property!
Request a call back! Complete our online form for an obligation-free consultation about your matter.
* In contentious business a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any settlement.
Why Choose Dillon Geraghty Solicitors LLP?
Law Firm of Choice
We pride ourselves on a modern, progressive approach that combines the expertise and insight you would expect of a big law firm and the personalised attention of a smaller firm. You can have confidence that we will always act in your best interest and give you the support you need and deserve.
Peace Of Mind
No matter what your legal matter may be, we know it is important to you. That’s why we are committed to providing you with a single point of contact and a highly responsive service so that you can have peace-of-mind your matter is in a safe pair of hands.
Legal jargon can be overwhelming, particularly if you are dealing with a complicated matter. We won’t bombard you with legal jargon; we speak in simple, plain English so you can have complete clarity.
No Hidden Fees
When it comes to legal fees, we’re big on transparency and trust. Prior to commencing work on your matter, we’ll openly discuss our fee structure so you can understand what is involved from the outset.
Our dedicated team is here to support you wherever you are in Ireland or throughout the world. With online Zoom consultations, we can still meet with you face-to-face and provide our first-rate service.
We value honesty, transparency and open communication and strive continuously to deliver the very best client service and outcome for you.
Wherever you are, we are ready to help
Wherever you are, whenever you need us, you can count on the team at Dillon Geraghty Solicitors LLP to provide you with expert legal advice and support.
With a modern approach, personal attention and wide-ranging experience, you can trust us to always act in your best interests and help you achieve the very best outcome possible.